Updated: Feb 20, 2019
10 Top Tips to make your life so much easier when you are going to your first S.W.I.M lesson with Little Fish Big Fish.
1) Pack your bags in advance so you are not rushing - as you know you'll forget something.
Suggested items to include:
Child's swimming suit/shorts
Swim nappy (cloth or throw away)
Swim nappy cover
Baby warma (I do advise for ages 3 months - 2 years old)
A pack and roll changing mat (I like this one)
Snacks and drink
2) Make sure you are dressed ready with your swimming costume on underneath your clothes (do not forget your change of underwear).
3) Bring a t'shirt for you to wear over your costume - some children like to grab and you wouldn't want any accidents to happen.
4) Buy yourself a velcro wrap around towel! It is genius - I have been swimming since I was 11 years old (yes nearly 30 years ago) and I have only stumbled across this in the past 6 months. You won't have to worry about it dropping to the floor and you getting cold. Also, if you have a baby you won't be getting them wet whilst you put their nappy on and get them dressed.
5) If you have a toddler and they like carrying their own things that's perfect - get them their own swim bag. It means you won't have a Mary Poppins bag.
6) Buy a roll and pack baby changing mat. They are brilliant - saves on an extra towel and they are quick to dry.
7) Bring a snack and drink for yourself and your little one. Your toddler can sit and eat their snack/treat whilst you get dressed.
8) Bring extra layers (hat etc) as they may be chilly once they have finished their lesson.
9) If your toddler has a special toy (that they don't mind getting wet), have them bring it to poolside. It's a great talking point and a distraction if needed (which I am sure we won't).
10) Bring your singing voices and inner child with you. Expect to let loose and enjoy your lessons with Little Fish Big Fish.
I hope these tips help and please comment below if you have any tips of your own that you would like to add.
I look forward to seeing you at the pool.
* I do have an affiliation with Amazon on linked items and I only recommend these if I have tried and tested them myself.